The Holiday Inn Winchester will remain open during the national lockdown for guests who need to travel for reasons outlined by the government.
Where someone is visiting their support bubble
Where someone is unable to return to their main residence
Where someone needs accommodation while moving house
Where someone needs accommodation to attend a funeral or related commemorative event
Requiring accommodation for work purposes or to provide voluntary services
Where a child requires accommodation for school or care
Where someone is homeless, seeking asylum, a vulnerable person seeking refuge, or if escaping harm (including domestic abuse)
Where someone is an elite athlete or their support staff or parent, if the athlete is under 18 and it is necessary to be outside of the home for training or competition
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is our top priority, and we have implemented new hygiene procedures above and beyond our standard protocols, as well as social distancing measures, in line with government and public health advice.
We will be asking all guests to sign in at reception on our Track & Trace system, whether staying at the hotel or using meeting space, dining facilities, spa or any other hotel facility. This is current law and we're grateful of your understanding and compliance.
Please find details of all our new policies below:
To ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and visitors after re-opening, we have worked on putting in place a range of new measures at Holiday Inn Winchester. These include the following:
• Reduced contact at check-in and check-out
• Contactless payment options available
• Protective screens at reception
• Thorough cleaning of keys cards between uses
• Social distancing adhered to throughout hotel
• Hand sanitiser stations in key locations
Alongside our guests, it's vital that our teams can work in a safe and happy environment while continuing to satisfy the needs of our guests. With that in mind, the following new measures have been implemented at the Holiday Inn Winchester:
• Training on social distancing and hygiene standards
• Job specific training
• Clear guidance if feeling unwell
• Access to PPE where required
• Improved communications for advice and guidance
We follow the newly modified IHG Way of Clean policy, which promises to give guests extra reassurance during their stay.
This includes using new COVID-recommended products and protocols, increased cleaning frequencies, and a new five-step improved cleaning programme to ensure guest rooms, reception, public spaces and food & beverage areas are clean, feel like new and a free of clutter.
• Thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitisation all guest rooms and public areas
• Used globally approved products proven to be effective against Coronavirus
• Increased allotted time for cleaning each room to allow deeper level of cleaning
• Disinfection of all touch points within bedrooms including handles, phones, desks etc.
• ‘One cloth per room’ policy meaning a new/fresh cleaning cloth is used in every room
• Revised team training to ensure everyone follows the new cleaning standards
• Increased frequency of cleaning public areas including lifts controls, door handles etc.
• Use of appropriate PPE, where necessary, and keeping on top of future government advice
• Implemented the new IHG Clean Promise. More details about this can be found at ihg.com/clean.
Given the flexibility our guests and customers need right now, ourselves and IHG have new cancellation policies providing peace of mind for guests booking their stay in Winchester. Find out more here and to book visit ihg.com.
The restaurant & bar is open for those staying in the hotel and this will be served as room service only.
We will be operating an assisted breakfast buffet with a socially distanced queueing system in place.
Coronavirus NHS QR codes will be on display at all entrances to the hotel and we ask all guests to scan them using the NHS app when they enter. By law, we are still required to capture guest details so please make sure you do so when arriving at the Holiday Inn Winchester.
Ourselves and IHG continue to monitor developments around the world and are in contact with global organisations including the World Health Organization (WHO), Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and relevant to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable.