The Holiday Inn Winchester is open for accommodation and dining in-line with government guidelines.
We still adhere to our strict COVID Policy to keep our guests and our teams safe and guests are politely requested to wear a face covering when moving around the hotel.
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is our top priority, and we continue to implement new hygiene procedures above and beyond our standard protocols, as well as social distancing measures, in line with government and public health advice.
Please find details of all our new policies below:
How we are looking after our guests
To ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and visitors after re-opening, we have worked on putting in place a range of new measures at the Holiday Inn Winchester.
These include the following:
• Reduced contact at check-in and check-out
• Contactless payment options available
• Protective screens at reception
• Thorough cleaning of keys cards between uses
• Social distancing adhered to throughout hotel
• Hand sanitiser stations in key location
• Guests are politely requested to wear a face covering when moving around the hotel
How we are looking after our teams
Alongside our guests, it’s vital that our teams can work in a stay and happy environment while continuing to satisfy the needs of our guests. With that in mind, the following new measures have been implemented at the Holiday Inn Winchester:
• Training on social distancing and hygiene standards
• Job specific training
• Clear guidance for if feeling unwell
• Access to PPE where required
• Improved communications for advice and guidance
Our new cleaning measures
We follow the newly modified IHG Way of Clean policy, which promises to give guests extra reassurance during their stay.
This includes using new COVID-recommended products and protocols, increased cleaning frequencies, and a new five-step improved cleaning programme to ensure guest rooms, reception, public spaces and food & beverage areas are clean, feel like new and a free of clutter.
• Thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitisation all guest rooms and public areas
• Used globally approved products proven to be effective against Coronavirus
• Increased allotted time for cleaning each room to allow deeper level of cleaning
• Disinfection of all touch points within bedrooms including handles, phones, desks etc.
• ‘One cloth per room’ policy meaning a new/fresh cleaning cloth is used in every room
• Revised team training to ensure everyone follows the new cleaning standards
• Increased frequency of cleaning public areas including lifts controls, door handles etc.
• Use of appropriate PPE, where necessary, and keeping on top of future government advice
• Implemented the new IHG Clean Promise. More details about this can be found at ihg.com/clean.
Will the Restaurant be open?
The indoor dining areas are open.
The Odyssey Restaurant
The Odyssey Restaurant is open and working in line with governmental guidelines to create a safe environment for both guests and staff. Advanced bookings will need to be made as no walk-ins will be allowed until further notice. To find out more and to book, click here.
Our Open Lobby area is open to guests for drinks and food.
We offer a full self-service hot & cold breakfast buffet. High contact points and serving utensils are regularly cleaned and disinfectant, protective gloves, hand sanitisers are all available. During busy breakfast periods we operate a table booking system so as to reduce queues and waiting times and our reception team will be pleased to book you in at the time of check in.
Ourselves and IHG continue to monitor developments around the world and are in contact with global organisations including the World Health Organization (WHO), Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and relevant to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable.