The Holiday Inn Winchester is managed by Castlebridge Hotels Winchester Opco Ltd.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Your rights.
- Keeping your information.
- Our Legal Basis for using your personal information.
- How we secure your information.
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as a Holiday Inn Winchester customer, for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
- Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your membership number if you are a member of IHG Rewards Club
- Your arrival and departure dates.
- Your preferences and interests (for example, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests)
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our hotel.
- The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult.
How will we use the information about you?
We use your information in a number of different ways, primarily to fulfil a contract and also provide excellent service to our customers — what we do depends on the information.
What we use the information we collect for:
To manage the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests and other hotel services.
To manage your stay at the hotel, room lists, restaurant bookings, special requests and services.
To monitor your use of hotel services.
To manage invoicing and payment records.
To improve hotel services, to input to our marketing programme, to assist with the promotion of our services, and adapting our products.
Information relating to your children:
Limited to nationality and D.O.B. only supplied by an adult. Used to manage their stay at the hotel.
Credit Card Number:
To guarantee bookings and to take payment.
Loyalty Membership Number:
To record our services and supply rewards.
Arrival and Departure dates:
To manage your hotel booking.
Preferences and Interests:
To enhance customers, stay at our hotel and to customise and improve the services we offer.
Questions / Comments:
To collect feedback to improve our services and monitor customer experience.
You have rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any tim
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
- If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us, details in the contact us section at the end of this document.
Keeping Your Information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have a booking with us, and for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting.
We’ll also hold on to your information If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even if it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Our Legal Basis for using your personal information.
We only process your personal information when we have a legal basis to do so. This depends on the purpose of the processing
We use the following lawful basis to process your data:
To allow us to fulfil our contract with you. We need to collect and process your personal information to supply and administer for services. Objecting to providing this information may mean we will be unable to provide services to you.
We will sometimes need your personal information to comply with existing legal or regulatory requirements.
To allow us to manage and protect our business interests and supply, improve and tailor our services.
We may request your consent to process your personal information, you will always be able to remove this consent. If you remove consent, we will stop any processing of your personal information.
How we secure your information
The Holiday Inn Winchester takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are aligned with widely accepted international standards, we apply the controls detailed in the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard to all environments storing personal data. These standards are applied and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
Policies and procedures
- We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
- We have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information
- We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
- We conduct Privacy Impact Assessments in accordance with legal requirements and our business policies
Training for employees and contractors
- We require privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal information and other sensitive data
- We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions
- Vendor risk management
- We require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other members Castlebridge Hotels Winchester Opco Ltd.. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
Our Brand: – IHG (Inter-Continental Hotels Group PLC)
Attention of Privacy Office, Three Ravinia Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30346 USA
Tel: 001-770-604-8347. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Reservations System – Micros-Oracle
Oracle Corporation, Global Data Protection Officer, 10 Van de Graaff Drive, Burlington, MA 01803 USA
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
The following first- party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|MODX Session Cookie||PHPSESSION||1 Week||Website/User Functionality||MODX|
|Consent Cookie||cookieconsent_status||1 Year||Cookie Use Acceptance||Website|
And the following third-party cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Google Tracking cookies||
|Book a Table GA Cookies||
Session (when you close browser)
6 Months/180 Days
|Hotjar Cookie||_hjIncludedInSample||1 Year||Heatmap Tracking||Hotjar|
|Optimizely Cookie||optimizelyEndUserId||10 Years||A/B Testing||Optimizely|
The analytics service used by our site uses the following Cookies:
|Google Tracking cookies||
Changes to how we protect your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use our services
How to contact us
Have any questions or feedback about this notice.
Would like us to stop using your information.
Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above or have a complaint.
You can contact our privacy team by emailing us at email@example.com
Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
Holiday Inn Winchester